A little girl stood up in church to read the Scripture for the divine service. When she read the 23rd Psalm, it came out “the Lord is my Shepherd and that’s all I want.” The congregation laughed because they thought she was wrong—I think she was right. When the Lord is my Shepherd:
- I shall not want for rest, because He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
- I shall not want for refreshment, because He leadeth me beside the still waters.
- I shall not want for forgiveness, because He restoreth my soul.
- I shall not want for guidance, because He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness.
- I shall not want for companionship, because when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; He is with me.
- I shall not want for comfort, because His rod and His staff will comfort me.
- I shall not want for provision, because He prepares a table before me, even in the presence of my enemies.
- I shall not want for joy, because He annointest my head with oil and my cup runneth over.
- I shall not want for anything in this life, because He has assigned goodness and mercy to follow me all the days of my life.
- I shall not want for anything in the hereafter, because I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
You see, the Lord is my Sheppard and that’s all I want